New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

flash runs slow and locks mozilla on my ibook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ir803

I have a 1.2 gig ibook with 768 ram, and I am finding that aome flash websites especially thoses involving a lot of animation freeze on my screen, I sometimes get it to run by holding the mouse button down but eventually the time out spinner appears and mozilla locks and I have to force quit. I have updated the latest Flash player so that shouldn't be the problem.
anybody else get this or is there a fix I should know about. neye:
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

Try one of these sites in Safari or maybe some other browsers. Also, post a link to one of the sites here so we can see if its an isolated incident or a problem with the browser in general.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Yeah, I had that problem. Try using Camino.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I have the same problem on my mini, flash makes my CPU peg at 100% and the whole system starts to crawl.
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

i have that same exact problem

QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

please drop us a link to one of those sites, its never happened to my computer before.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External DVD burner for ibook 12 inch g4 | broken ibook combo drive!!! HELP. »