HELP- Macbook charger
    Hello Everyone,

I am in a very ****** situation. I had the last generation Macbook Pro (2008 model). In may the Charger died and I had to buy a new one. This was right before the new chargers came out. Then later in August my switchboard cracked and I had to purchase a new MacBook Pro.

Here we are today. I lent a friend of mine my extra charger that I had purchased in May, simply because I had an extra and his charger was not working. The kid returned a battered charger that is not working. How can I verify that this charger that was returned to me is not mine? I am more than confident that the kid stole my "new extra charger." I have the serial number of the charger that I have in my possession- the battered one- MV8180JW410UA.
    The kid who borrowed my charger has a 2008 model 13inch white macbook. Coincidentally, My girlfriend has the same 2008 model and her chargers serial number is: MV8150LRZ5GB. Is this a coincidence? Wouldn't this mean both chargers are 1) for the same computer. 2) Issued at the same time (2008).
    I asked the kid to give me the serial number of the charger that he has in his possession and it is: RR8330VS8114C . I am 95% confident that this is mine. Simply based on the fact that I purchased mine in May 2010.

PLEASE help me sort this issue out. I have dealt with this far too long and I don't want to get jipped out of a charger.

Thanks so much.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13", 4gb RAM, 1tb HD, OS X 10.6.8,
    You might consider the price of a charger a small price to pay to get rid of this "friend". He could have asked to borrow something more expensve, like your new MBP.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    PLEASE help me sort this issue out. I have dealt with this far too long and I don't want to get jipped out of a charger.
    This is something that you need to resolve yourself. The advice you received from member "graydog" is well worth considering.

Thread Information