New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Others can't see my webcam

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

corycat

corycat is on a distinguished road

Other people can't see me when we try to do video during chats either yahoo messencer or on ichat. I can see them, just not the other way around. I read something about uninstalling Perian, but don't have a clue what my problem is. Any ides? I'll be extremely greatful for any help. Just trying to keep in touch with the kids and wife while deployed.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Welcome to the forums corycat ...

!st off mate you will need to give us some more info to be able to help out.
What Mac do you have ?? Specs
What OS are you running ??
Has the iSight or WebCam worked in other Applications ??
If its iSight does the little green light come on when you are all hooked up ??

To uninstall Perian though go into System Preference and click on Perian down the bottom and when that next screen comes up, click the "Remove Perian" button ....

The more info we get the better help we can give

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
corycat

corycat is on a distinguished road

Sorry about that, My info is as follows:
I've have a Mackbook I bought 2 years ago, Intel core 2 Duo, 2ghz, running snow leopard. I can see myself on the screen, but when I try to connect to my wifes the connection goes off after awhile. I do get the green light saying I'm connected, but she can't see me. She has a IMac, about 4 years old running snow leopard. Thanks for anything that comes out of this. I'll give more info if needed. Thanks for the welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

All good mate we have it now .....

Will link you to Apple Support ~ iSight Troubleshooting.

Go through what you can there and post back if problem still persists ......
But you could also try going into a guest account and see if the problem is in that account. If it works there then we can tie it down to just the Admin Acct.
Try Repairing Permissions via Disk Utility as well. This will repair anything not quite right with your system and hopefully iSight is one Permission that needs repairing ....

Keep us posted

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hulu makes the Mac heat up | Xferring iTunes to Ext Drive »