New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Need some advice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

therichad

therichad is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB

Hey guys,
Do you think it would be wise to sell my MacBook (mid 2009) and my 16GB iPad and get a new 11" MacBook Air? I already have an 20" iMac I do mostly everything on but I need something to bring back and forth to college (I'm a commuter). Plus I already have an iPhone 4 lol.

Once you go Mac you never go back (to PC)
Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
ljbad4life

ljbad4life is on a distinguished road

well why don't you just get a keyboard for your ipad? It will save you tons of money, unless you need to do something more than word processing.
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

Mac Specs: 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
well why don't you just get a keyboard for your ipad? It will save you tons of money, unless you need to do something more than word processing.
Well I don't really want to carry around a keyboard with my iPad. I really like how the new macbook air is like a hybrid of the iPad and the MacBook. I want the Mac OSX functionality with the portability of the iPad. I kinda want to reduce the amount of devices I have since I get confused sometimes on which gadget to use haha

Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Sounds like you've made your mind up already ...but, I'll help
Since you already have an iMac, the MBA would be a great portable to go with
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Sounds like you've made your mind up already ...but, I'll help
Since you already have an iMac, the MBA would be a great portable to go with
Well you're right, I think I'm gonna go through with it. I posted a feeler on the buy/sell forum haha. I just need some positive reinforcement you know? Like yeah that is a good idea. If I get some negative comments maybe perhaps I would change my mind lol.

Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

The two of those should pretty much cover the cost of the 11" MBA.
Who knows, you may be able to do a straight swap on buy/sell/trade.
I must say... I'd want to max out the MBA RAM, HD, and processor which takes it to US$1399, even if it meant chucking in a few extra dollars after selling the Macbook and iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

Quote:
The two of those should pretty much cover the cost of the 11" MBA.
Who knows, you may be able to do a straight swap on buy/sell/trade
A straight up trade would be ideal but I am not sure who would want to give up a brand new MacBook Air. Those bad boys look sweet!

Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

I edited my post above as you were posting
QUOTE Thanks
therichad

Quote:
I edited my post above as you were posting
Yeah you're right about maxing everything out. The stock MacBook Air has room for improvement. I am gonna go to Apple Store to check them out to see how snappy they really are. I've actually played with them a little bit but not enough yet haha

Android sucks!!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If you have an iMac you do "most everything" on AND an iPhone 4 AND an iPad, you really feel you ALSO need a laptop for your commute??

Man that must be one boring commute!

If you really feel a MBA would meet your commuting needs best, get one and maybe sell the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
If you have an iMac you do "most everything" on AND an iPhone 4 AND an iPad, you really feel you ALSO need a laptop for your commute??

Man that must be one boring commute!

If you really feel a MBA would meet your commuting needs best, get one and maybe sell the iPad.
He wants to sell the MB and iPad and go with the MBA as he already has the iMac!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help Choosing a Superdrive. | Typical GeekBench score »