New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Which is better MBA? 2009 2.13 128SSD or new 2010?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nebula3368

nebula3368 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone. My girlfriend is asking Santa for a new Air. She was all set to ask for the new 13" w/ 1.86 Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 128 GB Flash, but then I spotted the old 2009 2.13 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD on clearance. How is the new 2010 model worth $200 more when the older model has a faster processor? As far as I can tell, the advantages of the 2010 model are higher resolution screen, new touchpad design, extra USB port/card slot. Or, am I missing something and is the new flash memory far superior to the 2009's ssd? Please help!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

New one you answered it in your question.
Quote:
the advantages of the 2010 model are higher resolution screen, new touchpad design, extra USB port/card slot
Adding to that the integrated SSD seems to impact on the speed increase!

Here are some benchmarks
2010 MacBook Air vs 2008,2009 models

In all honesty, I wouldn't touch the old MBAs, where as the new one I would certainly consider
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Adding to that a much improved graphics chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post

In all honesty, I wouldn't touch the old MBAs, where as the new one I would certainly consider
ditto, especially not at $200 difference - $400-500, only maybe

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If I had a girlfriend disguised as santa with that new MBA for me, I'd not only be over the moon, but I'd be thinking that this one's a keeper. Then again, I may also be thinking why the guilt, and what did she do that's so wrong!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My HD is corrupt? | My new MacBook has a dead pixel »