Macbook pro Closed with Dual monitor
    Hello

i would like to know is it possible to have my MBP lid closed and use two additional monitors as my main?

will there be any heat issue on the MBP ( keep in mind i will be using it for many hours to design/code )

and what good monitors do you recommend to buy ( i will be buying two of the same brand )

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luam View Post
    Hello

i would like to know is it possible to have my MBP lid closed and use two additional monitors as my main?

will there be any heat issue on the MBP ( keep in mind i will be using it for many hours to design/code )

and what good monitors do you recommend to buy ( i will be buying two of the same brand )
    Out of the box...the Macbook Pro only supports 1 external monitor. If you get a product such as these:

PC Mall | Matrox, DualHead2Go Digital Edition Graphics Expansion Module, D2G-A2D-IF

PC Mall | Matrox, TripleHead2Go Analog Edition Graphics eXpansion Module, T2G-A3A-AJF

...you can run 2 or 3 monitors. But these devices are kind of expensive at $287-$307 dollars. As far as the Macbook Pro heating up. Well MBP's get pretty warm by themselves (with no external monitor attached) when doing heavy duty graphics or gaming...so running multiple external monitors won't be any better.

To be honest...I think that you're really asking a lot from a Macbook Pro (multiple external monitors...while doing lots of graphics work). You would really be better off with a Mac Pro...or an older used Mac Pro. Or simply connecting just one external monitor to the MBP...and use the MBP's display as the 2nd monitor.

Yes you can use the MBP with the lid closed...it's called "Clamshell Mode":

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3131?viewlocale=en_US

As far as monitors to buy. Just about any brand name 22" or 24" monitors will do.

HTH,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information