New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Wierd happenings

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

garryh69

garryh69 is on a distinguished road

My macbook pro has started playing up toda.

I came to it this morning after forgetting to leave on charge to find my battery had gone flat, upon reconnecting to power i switched it on and my clock has been reset to 1/1/2004 and i had to type my password to get onto my wifi?

also getting about 4-5 application requests asking if they can use my incoming network connections?

i accepted all requests and reset my clock settings then i let battery run down again, upon restarting it did exactly the same thing again!!!!

Have i got a virus?
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

No virus. Sounds like something went wrong with the battery or even internal battery because your clock reset. Try reverting to a backup made or re-install your OS.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryh69 View Post
My macbook pro has started playing up toda.

I came to it this morning after forgetting to leave on charge to find my battery had gone flat, upon reconnecting to power i switched it on and my clock has been reset to 1/1/2004 and i had to type my password to get onto my wifi?

also getting about 4-5 application requests asking if they can use my incoming network connections?

i accepted all requests and reset my clock settings then i let battery run down again, upon restarting it did exactly the same thing again!!!!

Have i got a virus?
No. In fact I believe it should do that when you run the battery down to 0. I know my iBook did it when I accident ran it completely out. The battery keeps settings such as date and time, and networks. Expect that to happen whenever you run your battery out. Not a big deal.

P.S. "Virus" does not mean "Computer problem that I don't understand" especially on a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Ahh ahhh, it shouldn't happen when the battery goes completely flat.
I'm guessing that this MBP is quite old, and that it could be the internal battery.

I would simply try resetting the SMC.

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP Gpu and Cpu upgrade | MacBook MA 700 B/A Spacebar Key Cap »