New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Need to get MacBook Pro 17" off of my hands.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eclipse2975

eclipse2975 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!
I have MacBook Pro 17" (Model A1229) with dead logic board. I went to the local Apple store and they wanted $535 to fix it (repair or replacement option wasn't specified). I searched then online and the cheapest logic board I found was $350 (pre-order from China).
I guess I will be selling it, as I have no desire to invest $500+ into 3 y.o. laptop.
Does anyone know where should I try to sell it and how much I can get for it? It has few minor dents (3 y.o.) on a housing, but screen looks just as new.
Thank you for all suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Craig's List or e-Bay are your best selling locations.

As far as how much is it worth...ask yourself...how much would you be willing to pay for a non-working laptop computer. If you're like me...not very much.

I would say try to find some non-working laptops like your's on e-Bay and go from there. Or set up an e-Bay auction...start the bidding at $50 bucks...and see where things go. If it's worth anything to anyone...the bidding will go up to the level appropriate to it's "non-working condition".

It's very hard to accurately value a broken item (any item).

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
voz

voz is an unknown at this point

How much you want for it?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

@voz

Please move your inquiry to private mail. If the OP is eligible to post his MBP in the BST forum, he can place it there for sale and you can respond from that forum if you wish. Otherwise, use private mail to correspond with the OP.
QUOTE Thanks
voz

voz is an unknown at this point

10- 4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Powerbook audio line-in | Transferring from old HD to new laptop? »