New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

can only type in caps lock

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nakb

nakb is on a distinguished road

i know absolutely nothing about hardware/macs and i'm looking to get some help on a keyboard issue. there are a ton of other problems at this point but this one i figure is the easiest to solve.

basically i had liquid spilled (alot) on my macbook pro, mostly on the keyboard. it dried for more than a week, but there are definitely still a lot of problems i don't even want to begin to explain. right now the biggest problem is the keyboard...it can only type in caps and it's as if the shift button is always pressed (can't type numbers, etc). this makes it extremely difficult to even log on properly because it won't accept my password which does not contain any letters in caps. so now the only way to actually get to the desktop is through my install disk (which is stuck in the drive, maybe because it is still sticky from the spill). i also have to hold the eject button down for some reason to surpass the login screen with the disk. i'm not really sure, it keeps doing different things, but i digress.

can i simply replace the keyboard to fix this issue? perhaps something is actually just stuck together making it so that those keys are always pressed? i looked and all i can find is the cases for the keyboard and i don't really know what part to buy. would i be able to install it myself and how much would this cost?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I would first have it looked at by a professional so they can at least diagnosis what the problem is. From there you can decide if the price of repair outweighs doing it yourself be warned that things could go wrong if you don't know what you are doing.

Linky to website that specializes in do it yourself repairs. You can also order parts.

Next time read the stickies or use the search function.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how can i control my macbook pro with my iphone ? | macbook pro msn webcam »