New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

17" MBP keyboard and fan issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rastausty

rastausty is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Core2Duo 2GB RAM 160GB HDD Model#A1229

After installing a new display assembly on my A1229 the "i , 8 , F7 , and F8" keys stopped working. i have no logical explanation for what could have caused this. The only key i really need immediate use of (before i have anything repaired/replaced) is the "i" key. Any ideas or suggestions? i also noticed the right fan is not spinning at all. i have a feeling this fan issue has been going on for quite awhile(but this is the first time i've had the case open to see it) because as far as i can remember one side has always been quite hotter than the other. it makes me wonder if it ever worked. i took it out to make sure it was clean/clear of obstruction and blowing as hard as i could barely budged it while the working fan spun fine with slight blowing. Someone suggested that their MBP did the same thing due to a slightly swollen battery, and that a replacement battery fixed both issues. if this is the case is there any app to diagnose the battery or can i physically examine it to find out. i know this is a long post, but i figured it was better than making several seperate posts if the problems might be related. Thank you

Rastausty is using a 17" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Core2Duo 2GB RAM 160 GB HDD Model#A1229
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I have to assume that MBP new display assembly compatibility has something to do with it, and most likely something interfering with the keyboard connection due to the incompatible setup.
The only way to really know is to start fresh with the right display.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Macbook Air Screen Different Tint than Macbook Pro? | buying a new mac duo 2 or i5 »