New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Newbie wanting to purchase a MacBook pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

b16mak

b16mak is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am new here, wanted to buy a mac book pro, I4 processor 15 inch.
I was told a new set of mac laptops would be launched soon. Could someone confirm? If so I will hang around and wait....

Many thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

No i4 processors on Macs at the moment. i3 or i5 for the MBPs.

Upgrades to the notebook line is a somewhat regular occurrence, but no one knows exactly when that will be. The last one was fairly recent, so if you want one buy one.

If you're looking to save a few bucks, try the refurb store on Apple's site. Same as new, lower prices and they have all the most current offerings on notebooks.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Wheeljack

Wheeljack will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16mak View Post
Hi

I am new here, wanted to buy a mac book pro, I4 processor 15 inch.
I was told a new set of mac laptops would be launched soon. Could someone confirm? If so I will hang around and wait....

Many thanks!
I wouldn't bet on it. New Intel mobile CPUs are expected in the first half of next year, so my guess is there'll be updated MacBooks sometime in march-april.

 Wheeljack
QUOTE Thanks
adrianb1066

adrianb1066 is on a distinguished road

Bought my first mac today in the one-day only shopping event and got a MBP 13 with 81 off. Like most electronic products for the last 20 years there is always something better just around the corner. IMHO buy now and if necessary upgrade later, or always you will be waiting .
QUOTE Thanks
b16mak

b16mak is on a distinguished road

MyMacRox, did you mean i5 or i7..?

I get a student discount on the mac, so that should be helpful...i think its the same as the refurb prices.

What do you think of the entry level 15'' MBP. I was going to get the entry level 13'' MBP but I didnt want to get a core 2 duo processor as they have been around for a while and probs going to be replaced soon so wanted to get the i5 processor.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Air - STRANGE Problem with boot. | HDD Won't Show on Setup - Not Always »