Mac book boot problem
    I have a mac book pro and I'm running with this peculiar problem where when I close my lid or shutdown my laptop, and wake it back up or turn it on back again, It wont start. To boot back again I have to long press the power button and the sleep light will blink and then shut it down and turn it on back again....
    Pls help me with this its really annoying and I'm tired searching for solution for this problem...

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Try resetting the System Management Controller. If that doesn't help, post back.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Try resetting the System Management Controller. If that doesn't help, post back.
    Tried it but nothing changed....

Specs:
    You didn't mention how old the machine was or if it's still under warranty or extended Apple care. If it is, make an appointment with Apple and have them look at it. The symptoms you described generally are caused by the sleep - wake function logic. If resetting the SMC doesn't cure it, the problem may be related to faulty hardware. The techs at Apple have the proper equipment to diagnose those kinds of problems.

You didn't mention how old the machine was or if it's still under warranty or extended Apple care. If it is, make an appointment with Apple and have them look at it. The symptoms you described generally are caused by the sleep - wake function logic. If resetting the SMC doesn't cure it, the problem may be related to faulty hardware. The techs at Apple have the proper equipment to diagnose those kinds of problems.
    thats the problem I dont have any warranty, mine is early 2008 mac book pro.
    does replacing my battery is going to help??

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by mirneo515 View Post
    thats the problem I dont have any warranty, mine is early 2008 mac book pro.
    does replacing my battery is going to help??
    Replacing the battery may give you better life in between charge cycles but it really has nothing to do with the sleep - wake - power logic. It's probably still better to have Apple look at it even if it's not under warranty. They have a minimum diagnosis fee they'll charge but at least it will give you some idea of whether or not you would want to repair it.

If it turns out to be a bad logic board, it could cost quite a bit to repair. But then again, it may something more simple and less expensive.

Replacing the battery may give you better life in between charge cycles but it really has nothing to do with the sleep - wake - power logic. It's probably still better to have Apple look at it even if it's not under warranty. They have a minimum diagnosis fee they'll charge but at least it will give you some idea of whether or not you would want to repair it.

If it turns out to be a bad logic board, it could cost quite a bit to repair. But then again, it may something more simple and less expensive.
    may be I'll do that
    Thanks for the help

Thread Information