Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
    Startup problem: MomentusXT or OSX?


    So I installed the Momentus XT and restored from my old mac via migration assistant. All find and dandy...

    but I'm getting this screen on occasions where it just hangs here.

    I've used disk utility to verify disk and it did state that my disk needed repair which I did and another verification thereafter stated that the disk is ok.

    But i got this screen again after restarting the com. Sometimes it looks different with a different pattern, but doesn't look any better to me

    Could this be a Momentus XT issue or some corruption on MacOSx?

    I'm not getting some afore-mentioned issues like spin down and 'billion-hours' installation.

  2. #2

    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    26,541
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    That would probably be a graphics card issue. If your machine has is from the '07 - '08 era with the nVidia 8600, the warranty has been extended to 4 years.

    Apple article

    In any case, it's time to call Apple.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
    it actually just came refurbished like a few days ago.. didn't think i'd be so unlucky to have such problems so soon but oh well..i'll think of it as making full use of my warranty ha.

    So i should be safe to leave the momentus xt in there yeah? since it's not HD related. Troublesome to install/load the original HD again.

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
    i called apple and they got me to press command-option-p-r.. not sure what that did but i'm gonna restart a few times to see if the screen comes back.

    Could a reset of some sort just fixed the problem like that? the screen looked extreme!

  5. #5

    iggibar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2009
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,079
    Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hann View Post
    it actually just came refurbished like a few days ago.. didn't think i'd be so unlucky to have such problems so soon but oh well..i'll think of it as making full use of my warranty ha.

    So i should be safe to leave the momentus xt in there yeah? since it's not HD related. Troublesome to install/load the original HD again.
    Have you tried booting with your old drive(if you still have it)?
    I still prefer a clean OS install when upgrading the hard-drives, and manually carrying over files/programs that I need. Prevents corrupted files that can happen with migration assistant and time machine.
    But, it could be a GC problem. Did you mention anything about the specific pattern on the screen when talking to apple?
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
    I haven't actually.. wanted to see if apple support could do anything for me first. cos i already reformatted that stock drive and ready to pass it on to a friend in need.

    Yeah ideally i would've done clean install but i just found it so troublesome and i'm not some techy fella.. so like was wondering how to bring across passwords/settings/product codes etc etc haha.

    what's GC? well i told them it was like a mosaic with grey and white squares. they don't always look like that.. sometimes there're pretty diagonal patterns haha

    When I did peform disk utility it did say my volume needed repair and it did manage to repair it. All looks good on the utility now.

    restarting in abit to see if the problem comes back.

  7. #7

    iggibar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2009
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    4,079
    Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hann View Post
    I haven't actually.. wanted to see if apple support could do anything for me first. cos i already reformatted that stock drive and ready to pass it on to a friend in need.

    Yeah ideally i would've done clean install but i just found it so troublesome and i'm not some techy fella.. so like was wondering how to bring across passwords/settings/product codes etc etc haha.

    what's GC? well i told them it was like a mosaic with grey and white squares. they don't always look like that.. sometimes there're pretty diagonal patterns haha

    When I did peform disk utility it did say my volume needed repair and it did manage to repair it. All looks good on the utility now.

    restarting in abit to see if the problem comes back.
    GC=graphics card.
    I understand if you might now want to try the previous hard-drive, but if it were me, I would do it just so I can lead the apple tech the right way, or at least catch him if he tries to claim something else as the cause.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
    oh I didn't tell her that I had switched out the hd. I only asked her hypothetically what it'd do to the warranty.

    But she got me to do the commandoptionpr thingy and that seemed to work.. restarted quite a number of times and haven't had that thing come back yet.

  9. #9

    Wheeljack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 04, 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    67
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hann View Post
    oh I didn't tell her that I had switched out the hd. I only asked her hypothetically what it'd do to the warranty.

    But she got me to do the commandoptionpr thingy and that seemed to work.. restarted quite a number of times and haven't had that thing come back yet.
    Yup, resetting the PRAM helps a lot with graphics issues. You should also reset both the PRAM and the SMC after a OS 10.x.x update, as several drivers (kexts) are updated.

    I have the same HDD, but haven't experienced anything like this.
     Wheeljack

  10. #10


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    Core Duo 2GHz Black Macbook
    SMC too eh... thought that was more power issues.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OSX 10.10 Startup Glitch
    By iHiddenOSX in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2014, 12:48 PM
  2. OSX lion startup
    By hotrod351 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 05:38 PM
  3. Startup not working Mac OSX 10.6.4
    By eddieD in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM
  4. Mac OSX 10.6.4 Startup problem. TRIED EVERYTHING.
    By Mattlol in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 07:08 PM
  5. OS9 startup problems from OSX 10.3.9
    By Ulick in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •