New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

13 in macbook problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lifestyles

lifestyles is on a distinguished road

a) boots normal. gives a message to 'initialize, ignore or eject' screen.
b) CD/DVD video or data or not read says cannot be read in this computer. `but i am able to cut cd/dvd using data in the macbook.
c) pendrive not recognised. shows in disk utility, permits formatting, but still does not recognise after formatting. Also everything is greyed out in disk utility and does not permit first aid etc., Says one partition needs to be mounted, but when i click 'mount' nothing happens.
d) says 'no mountable file systems' whenever i try to install a .dmg so even though i have iso cds and disk warrior can not get them to work on the machine.
e) cannot use install cd because the drive does not read it as i said.
f) otherwise machine works fine including surfing.
g) on snow leopard updated to current version.
h) any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro's battery does not charge over 35% | Macbook new battery not charging »