Macbook Pro- Crashed and wont load OS
    Hi everyone,

I got a new macbook pro in July and have thoroughly enjoyed the switch to mac from PC without issue until today. I opened it up out of sleep mode and it quickly froze and after trying to opt/cmd/del some tasks with no success I shut it down and quickly restarted it. Now it will not leave the initial opening grey screen with the apple seen everytime you start it up. The gear at the bottom continues to spin as if it's trying to load but even after 15min nothing changes. I'm new to the Mac community so I hoping that there is someone on mac-forums that can guide me to some possible solutions so I can get back to writing the 30+ pgs of research papers I need to have done in the next week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Down Under :D
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Before reaching for the install discs, I would try starting in safe mode.
    If that works, then restart normally.
    Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Boot the machine with your Snow Leopard DVD (hold down C key as soon as you hear chime) and run Disk Utility from the DVD.

After it boots, do not continue the install routine. Instead, select Utilities, Disk Utility from the top menu. Highlight your hard drive on the left (top item), select First Aid on the right. Run Verify and Repair. Keep running until all errors are cleared.

If Disk Utility refuses to run, shut the machine down. Since your MBP is still under warranty, make an appointment with your local Apple store genius to have it looked at.

Thanks for the help guys,

I loaded up the disc repair and I was unable to repair the disc and it said I needed to back up as many files as I could and then reformat the disc and then restore my backed up files. If I have a friend with a TimeCapsule will I be able to upload all my files onto that and then reformat? Can I go from a restore point? If not what's my next best step from here?

Thanks again for help gentlemen!

Thread Information