New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Input/Advice/Consideration iPad, New MacBook Pro Air, or?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Luminari

Luminari is on a distinguished road

I would appreciate any forum input or thoughts. With times as they were, I was being (relatively) smart and squireling away a couple bucks each month to get an iPad. The plan was to get one in a couple weeks this November, but ruminations about iPad2 and the reveal of the MacBook Air has me considering. I was going to get the 64GB 3G version...so now...

How strong is the opinions a new Ipad with face time will be revealed in Q1. Wouls it be that much more a refined consumer product. Been meaning to get a laptop, but demands for it aren't pressing, have desktops everywhere I go for major work.
But I could use something newer and portable and that was planning to be my next major electronic purchase in a couple months after the iPad.

Considering I may be doing some travelling over the Holiday season. What are the thoughts of you seasoned users.

My thanks for your time and considerations...
QUOTE Thanks
funkdabeat

funkdabeat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M

If you go with the Macbook Air then it has facetime, and can be used for more things than the ipad, and if you pick up a cheap 3g dongle you can facetime away from home.

Im going to sell my 17" Macbook Pro and get the baseline macbook air, but there isnt enough reviews on it yet.

Hacking - Doing what the developers couldn't.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« First use of MBP | 13" MBP Keyboard 7 key unevenly lit »