New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Looking for Good Bluetooth Mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dross333

Hi, Anyone have any recommendations on a Bluetooth mouse for the PowerBook. I was looking at Apples, but it is only one button.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

I've heard some mixed things about DV Forge's Mouse BT. It's also kinda expensive. Both Microsoft and Logitech make good BT mice but they too are expensive and don't have the Apple 'look'. I'm waiting for this one, personally:

http://www.macally.com/spec/bluetooth/btmouse.html
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hey I hadn't seen that one yet, thanks for pointing it out!

I'd personally stay away from the DVForge mouse... also on the lookout for a decent one.

The logitech is pretty cool, but lacks an on/off switch an is expensive.
The buttons also seem a bit cramped IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
Redbrick

Redbrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dross333
Hi, Anyone have any recommendations on a Bluetooth mouse for the PowerBook. I was looking at Apples, but it is only one button.

Thanks
I haven't had any good experiences with blue tooth mouse... Getting the mouse and pooter to talk to each other every single time was a chore...then there's the jumpy mouse. (I broke down and got the wired mouse...the clear case actually looks better to me)
QUOTE Thanks
meanopause

I've tried a few mobile sized mice (macally bt mouse jr, and the kensington bt pilot mouse jr.) and they are too jumpy, especially when you have to have some sort of precision. When all else failed, I went to the apple bt mouse and found that it was flawless. Obviously, it has only 1 button, but you'll get over it. What's good about it is that osx recognizes the battery power left in it, and it has a slick on/off switch.
QUOTE Thanks
dross333

After reading here and other searching around, I'm going to pick up a Apple BT Keyboard and Mouse today. I will deal with the 1 button..oh well.

Thanks for the replies.
-D
QUOTE Thanks
Dylan

Logitech MX900 works great for me. There's no way I'm using a single button mouse. And it's nice to have the extra buttons (forward/back) which I map to keyboard commands with ControllerMate.

It lacks the elegance of an Apple product but it's still a decent aesthetic match for the PB.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

My one complaint about the apple bt mouse (I don't mind 1 button) is just battery life. I have been looking all over for a recharable bt mouse and have not found anything worth upgrading to from the apple bt mouse. Logitech makes excellent mice and their new laser mouse is very accurate but almost everything uses a USB receiver

The MX900 is very nice but I don't need a whole Bluetooth Hub, I have bluetooth already I the mouse and a charging dock

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Dylan

You don't have to use the hub for BT. I use the hub only for charging.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan
You don't have to use the hub for BT. I use the hub only for charging.
Yea I know but its still just something extra to add to the cost that I don't need.

QUOTE Thanks
Rob

This is not bluetooth, but its a great mouse, and I use it all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
This is not bluetooth, but its a great mouse, and I use it all the time.

*Holds up silver cross.... AH! Microsoft! Run away!

I really would like the Apple BT mouse... And I don't mind one button. But not having a scroll is what drives me nuts.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
Rob

I know, I HATE Microsoft, BUT its still a nice mouse.(And also I don't think Microsoft even makes it )
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

It says lifelong battery but it uses AA so I am guessing you just have to replace the batterys

QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I found the Macally BT Mouse Junior to be excellent, so long as you have the sensitivity just right; sometimes, when you start it up, it's more sensitive than others, which is why it can be jumpy. When you get it set properly, though, it's a WONDERFUL mouse. It's very small, the scroll function works excellently, and its sensor is very well done. It's mac-style, as well, so it goes beautifully with any iBook or iMac. That being said, I've recently purchased a Mighty Mouse, and don't worry about the cordedness. It simply doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The only thing that could prompt me to switching away from it is perhaps its drain on my iBook's battery life in class, which is considerable (I generally get 5 hours with the mouse, 5 and a half without it, running only Microsoft Word and occasionally Safari.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with .dmg files | Newbie »