Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
    Clamshell Battery
    I own a Ibook G4 1.33 Ghz, and I have read the battery does not overcharge. Well my mom just purchased a Ibook Clamshell 300Mhz and now I am wondering if those batteries overcharge and is it safe to keep it plugged in all the time like on a desk. She does unplug it sometimes but since the battery doesn't keep that long of a charge she usually has to plug it in.

My second question is, is there a place I can buy third party batteries for Ibook Clamshells. I don't think Apple sells them anymore and I've been advised not to buy from Ebay.

in reply to your second question.

There are 3rd party alternatives to Apples battery. But I've seen a lot of articles on the net relating to bad experiences with them. There are loads of G3 clamshell batteries on ebay that are reasonably priced.

I have a 5year old battery in my current G3 clamshell iBook and it still can get 3hrs usage out of it. So wouldnt worry too much.

Our family keeps our clamshell plugged in whenever it is not being used!
    It doesn't seem to have any ill effects as far as i can tell! We have done this for almost a year with no problems. Hope this helps!

Thread Information