New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Very strange trackpad and mouse problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

speed00

speed00 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

A few hours ago the trackpad on my MPB stopped responding to clicks, I tried restarting but that had no effect. So I plugged in a USB mouse and tried that, right click worked, but left click still had no effect at all. So after searching the internet for information I came across this thread MacBook Trackpad button (& left mouse button) not working , his advise worked and I can use the left click on the usb mouse as long as I dont touch the trackpad, as soon as I do I am back to just the right click.

OSX is up to date, and I cant think of anything else that it could be, does anyone have any ideas?

I do have warranty remaining, as the MPB is only a few months old, but the nearest applestore is an hours drive away, so I would rather fix is myself if possible.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« #of cores | display and screen savers icon is missing »