pixie67
    G3 Cd-rom Upgrade
    hello,i recently bought a 600hz g3 ibook(my first mac),i upgraded the memory to 640,got a new battery and airport card,then i was thinking of upgrading to tiger(got panther)but then realised i only got a cdrom drive,can i get a dvd rom drive or would i have to connect an external drive to install a tiger os?
    thanks for any suggestions :dummy:

Badger
    Apple has an exchange program where you can get Tiger on CDs in exchange for the Tiger DVD you buy. The cost is nominal to cover shipping. You can also check with a company like MCE that markets upgrades for many models - www.mcetech.com. Right now they have a special for Tiger and a DVD drive. Since the DVD is only required to install Tiger, not to run it, using an external drive is a possibility. An external drive is usually more expensive because of the case and power supply but you can use it on other computers you buy.

pixie67
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger
    Apple has an exchange program where you can get Tiger on CDs in exchange for the Tiger DVD you buy. The cost is nominal to cover shipping. You can also check with a company like MCE that markets upgrades for many models - www.mcetech.com. Right now they have a special for Tiger and a DVD drive. Since the DVD is only required to install Tiger, not to run it, using an external drive is a possibility. An external drive is usually more expensive because of the case and power supply but you can use it on other computers you buy.
    [F :mail: ONT=Garamond]thankyou badger,will probably use the external dvd as ive got one already.Upgrading via mcetech also sounds goodbut i wonder whether its worth the money for a second hand ibook-thanks[/FONT]

Thread Information