MacBook Pro Charger problem
    Hi all,
    I have a 2 year old MacBook Pro and it's worked fine for me for 99% of that time.
    However, 2 months ago the light on the charger didn't come on when I powered up one morning and it didn't charge. No matter what I did it didn't work, so I brought a new one (not an official Apple one as money is tight at the moment) and this worked fine for 24hrs and then the same thing happened!
    I rang apple and they said it may be my Mac, and to take it in to a Mac store. I live and work nowhere near a mac store so am asking you ladies and gents what you think. Is it worth the trek or simply buy an official one?

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Why spend another $80 possibly for naught if it's a problem with the Mac. Don't know how long a trek you're talking about, but if it was me, I'd take it to the apple store.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Macbook pro charger problem
    The new chargers do not work perfectly with the 2 yr old Macs. Every time my charger comes disconnected it will no longer charge. I have to drop the battery to get it back. Just rebooting does not work. I have to remove battery and as soon as a I do the green lights comes on. Snap in the battery and amber light comes on. All is good until the cable disconnects again. It is a bit of a pain but at least it charges. I repaired my old cable where the ground wire has broken off and it works fine, I can disconnect and reconnect instantly the power macbook without battery removal. I think Apple should offer a compatible charger for its older lines. Especially those less than 2 yrs old.

Hope this helps

Thread Information