Tea in my macbook
    Hi all
    A cup of tea has been spilt in my macbook (no sugar) (model A1181) last weekend. It has been sent to an engineer to be looked at.What i am wondering is what is the likliehood its completely dead and not worth fixing it?
    It is insured so i dont mind if its reapiairable or not i am just merely wondering if it will dry out?
    It did work for a couple of days after it had the tea spilled on it but then it just stopped working and switched itself off on my son.
    It was only after the event i found out it had had anything spilt on it at all. Apparantly it was a full cup of tea while i was in london!

grrr
    sorry all have just noticed the sticky!

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Depends on how much the repair cost are. If it cost more than half of what the computer is currently worth...I would say it is a lot cause. Move on.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    If your insurance will replace the machine, go ahead and do that. Spills have a way of creeping up and causing future problems. Usually, (especially if the machine was on when the spill occurred) something will get damaged or shorted out. Even if it dried out and seems to be OK now, it will probably act up in the future.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Hopefully we are talking about true insurance that covers the computer...and not Applecare. Since Applecare does not cover beverage spills or water damage.

Good luck,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    If your insurance will replace the machine, go ahead and do that. Spills have a way of creeping up and causing future problems. Usually, (especially if the machine was on when the spill occurred) something will get damaged or shorted out. Even if it dried out and seems to be OK now, it will probably act up in the future.
    I'm in complete agreement. If you can get the MacBook replaced then you should do so. The only time a person should live with a spilled liquid damage is if they can't afford the repair or the cost of a new one. If your insurance will indeed replace it then go for it. Depending on your insurance policy, it might be a lot harder to get a claim from your insurance if you reported the problem months later.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    And that tannic acid in the tea will eventually kill the logic board etc.

http://www.phytochemicals.info/phyto...annic-acid.php

Thread Information