New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook pro power issues!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vickitm

vickitm is on a distinguished road

So my macbook pro was working perfectly fine half an hour ago... I shut it down and it wont turn back on. If i hold the power button in it turns on (like I can hear it) and immediately shuts off...The screen stays black. I tried taking out the battery and power cord and holding the power button for 30 seconds. I also tried starting it with just the power cord and no battery in, and the other way around too and it still just turns on for 2 seconds and immediately shuts off....what is wrong? what should i do?
QUOTE Thanks
Adam on Saba

Adam on Saba is on a distinguished road

It's funny that your thread is above mine!

Are you in a humid environment, if so find some aircon, sit the machine in it for a while and see what happens.

It would be freaky if this works.

Otherwise reset the power management system. You will need to look up the correct procedure online for your model.

Adam
QUOTE Thanks
buller

buller is on a distinguished road

Hello V + A

Sounds like we are having the same problem. New here as I have never had a problem with my mac book. As of this evening my baby wont turn on unless plugged into mains. Plug it in to mains and it boots up. It attempts to start but turns off straight away unless plugged in to mains. Is a new battery required (I hope not only a couple of years old). It has been plugged in a lot lately as I have been using it all day every day. Ps I am in uk no air con here needed, shall I stick it in the fridge for 5.
QUOTE Thanks
Adam on Saba

Adam on Saba is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you got a battery problem.

Have you reset the power management system. Go to the help forums to find out how to do this for your specific model.

I would not reccomend the fridge trick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unable to activate disk partition. PLEASE HELP! | Upgrading logic board »