New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Quality Control ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tonyindoha

tonyindoha is an unknown at this point

Just bought my first, maybe my last, Mac Book Pro .......
straight out of the box and faulty !!!!!

Horizontal lines across the screen

Where is Apples Quality Control ?

Is this the place to mention that my HP ??? failed after 13 months ?

Or that my two ASUS computers have worked faultlessly from day one and continue to do so ???? The 10 year old model is now retired and the netbook
lacks some functionality hence the Macbook .....

Am I just unlucky ....... or is it just American laptops ?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

You're unlucky!
Do you have any idea how many items people have purchased with something wrong (out of the box)?
Do you understand that mass production leads to a few items getting under the radar?
Do you have any idea how many Apple products have been sold without any problems?
These are all rhetorical questions!
The good news is, that when you deal with Apple about this faulty Mac, the customer service is far above and beyond any company that I have dealt with, and I believe that my sentiment is shared by majority of customers.
I have had way worse luck than you have, but I am not going to get into that.
At the end of the day, if you just received your MBP, take it back to Apple straight away, and they will swap it out for a new one, listing yours as D.O.A.
If you wait past the (I believe 7 or 14 days), then they will look at it and either repair or replace it.
I do recommend though, that you call or go in there with a more positive attitude than your first post here is portraying
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Apple returns:
"You have up to 14 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return."
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyindoha View Post
Just bought my first, maybe my last, Mac Book Pro .......
straight out of the box and faulty !!!!!
It happens, unfortunately -- with all consumer electronics. That's why they are warranted against manufacturer's defects.

Quote:
Horizontal lines across the screen

Where is Apples Quality Control ?
In the factory at Foxconn

Quote:
Is this the place to mention that my HP ??? failed after 13 months ?

Or that my two ASUS computers have worked faultlessly from day one and continue to do so ???? The 10 year old model is now retired and the netbook
lacks some functionality hence the Macbook .....

Am I just unlucky ....... or is it just American laptops ?
No such thing as an "American" laptop. It might be made by an "American" brand, but they're all made in China/Malyasia/Taiwan under contract. As a matter of fact, ASUS has done manufacturing for Apple in the past. They do make a solid product.

Take it back to the local Apple Store, they'll probably swap it out with no issue. Like I said, it happens - don't let it dampen what should otherwise be an enjoyable experience.

Welcome to the forums.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

What's with all this big hassle? Why not just return it like a normal person?

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Just curious, do you react the same way with any other electronic device that malfunctions shortly after purchase or do you rush back to the place of purchase and either return it or get it replaced? Why would you react any differently to Apple's products?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hello everyone! new here, need some advice! | LCD damaged »