New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Hello everyone! new here, need some advice!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kckyle

kckyle is on a distinguished road

hello ya'll!. i'm kyle. and i just recently purchased a macbook pro 15inch i5 2.4ghz from apple for 1600, now before celebrating and eagerly awaits the arrival of my macbook. i need to find some answers.

1. does osx support Trim like window 7 does? i'm currently running my crucial c300 sata 6 ssd and there is no way i'm going back to traditional hdd boot drive.

2. what's a good keyboard protection cover that doesn't stand out too much and at the same time not blocking the led backlit.

3. should i get a screen protector? if yes. which one would you guys recommend?

that's all i can think of for now. much appreciated for any hints and tips. cheers!

p.s. how the heck do i get rid of the string or identification thing i need to type in every time make a reply or post.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

1. No, hopefully in the next major update to OS X.7 (OS X 10.7) trim will be supported, but then again, hopefully SSDs will be more reasonably priced by then.
2. Moshi clearguard is the general favourite Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector for Aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
3.That is a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't want to detract from the vibrant display.

When you sign in, when you are asked if you want the browser to remember your user name and password, say yes.
Same goes when you are prompted to save login information in keychain.
QUOTE Thanks
kckyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
1. No, hopefully in the next major update to OS X.7 (OS X 10.7) trim will be supported, but then again, hopefully SSDs will be more reasonably priced by then.
2. Moshi clearguard is the general favourite Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector for Aluminum MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)
3.That is a personal preference thing, but I wouldn't want to detract from the vibrant display.

When you sign in, when you are asked if you want the browser to remember your user name and password, say yes.
Same goes when you are prompted to save login information in keychain.
hmm the image verification thing is still asking me.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Did you click "remember me?"
Are you logging out each time, or just closing your browser?
If you have clicked remember me, and you are just closing your browser, I'm not sure why you are having problems.
I just tried signing in on all my browsers, and had no problems.
I'm sure someone will come along with an answer soon, that I'm for some reason not thinking of right now.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
hmm the image verification thing is still asking me.

I believe it will disappear once you become a contributing member with a certain number of posts ..... 10 if memory serves me well

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I believe it will disappear once you become a contributing member with a certain number of posts ..... 10 if memory serves me well

Cheers
Ah ha.... rings a bell mate
Must be a case of my memory going as my grey hairs multiply
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Must be a case of my memory going as my grey hairs multiply
lol nothing a nice colour dye wont fix

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
kckyle

lol in that case i'm gonna post away!

btw, i'm looking at apple care coverage for macbook pro 15inch on ebay for 130 bucks. are these for real?

Edit 2. finally got the macbook, fedex really is better than ups! ordered it yesterday before i left for class around 11ish, got it today at 11 on the dot! now that's shipping under 24 hours!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
hello ya'll!. i'm kyle. and i just recently purchased a macbook pro 15inch i5 2.4ghz from apple for 1600, now before celebrating and eagerly awaits the arrival of my macbook. i need to find some answers.

1. does osx support Trim like window 7 does? i'm currently running my crucial c300 sata 6 ssd and there is no way i'm going back to traditional hdd boot drive.
Something seems odd here. You claimed that you upgraded from a late 2008 macbook on one of your other posts. Shouldn't you already know this answer?

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Quote:
btw, i'm looking at apple care coverage for macbook pro 15inch on ebay for 130 bucks. are these for real?
Getting these online is a gamble.... some are legit, some are scammers.
See this:
eBay Guides - FAKE APPLECARE APPLE CARE - A warning to buyers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problem with URL | Quality Control ? »