Specs:
    Mac Book Pro
    Question Can't display Mac Book Pro on Sony Briava?
    My new Sony Bravio will not recognize my new Mac Book Pro. I am using HDMI to DVI Mini. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks,
    jorge
    Keeping Music "LIVE"
    http://www.iamnotjerry.com

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I think you mean that your MBP doesn't recognize the Bravia. In any event, please read the Sticky post by moderator bobtomay regarding hooking up your Mac to a TV. LINK

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I think you mean that your MBP doesn't recognize the Bravia. In any event, please read the Sticky post by moderator bobtomay regarding hooking up your Mac to a TV. LINK
    (Thank you)

The MBP will not recognize the Sony Bravio. Both are 2010 models. I run a 50 ft HDMI cable from another room (DVI mini) to the PC input on the back of the Sony for video and audio. I have gone to system preferences on the MBP and display, then detect display and no recognition.
    Keeping Music "LIVE"

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    First, there has never been a mini DVI on any MBP. All MBPs had DVI up until the last couple of models which now have a mini displayport (or mdp).

Assuming you do indeed have the proper adapter (mdp to HDMI) / cabling, you're going to need to do some testing.

First, you need to move the MBP next to the TV and using the same adapter coupled with a HDMI cable no longer than 12', does it work? If not, we troubleshoot from that point.

If it does, then you need to try connecting a DVD player up to the end of that 50' run to see if it works. If it doesn't, try a different device that has HDMI output. Not all devices are going to be able to push a signal 50'.

Once you have verified everything is working as it should, but still nothing from the MBP, you will more than likely need an in-line signal booster to get the MBP to push a signal 50'. I would not suggest purchasing a booster until you have made sure all adapters and cabling are functioning properly.

(also, when you post back, what does the 50' cable plug into? e.g. Is it going directly into the TV, a wall outlet, your recever, etc.? This could be a combined issue, not only of a device not being able to push the video signal 50', but also of the TV not being able to push it's EDID info 50'.)
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Mac Book Pro
    The 50' HDMI goes directly into the Sony Display. It worked (MBP) with a Mitsu.bishi and a windows laptop works currently

I have :First, you need to move the MBP next to the TV and using the same adapter coupled with a HDMI cable no longer than 12', does it work? If not, we troubleshoot from that point Nothing
    Keeping Music "LIVE"

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    You did try the 'detect displays' button from inside System Preferences - Displays? What happens?
    And you did have the correct input selected on the TV?

From the info you've provided, my best guess would be that the adapter has died. Have to say that's extremely rare, but these mdp to HDMI adapters are still young and have not been out long enough to know if they develop issues that most adapters are not subject to.

Am assuming you no longer have the Mitsu or any other TV to try it on?
    If I was having the issue without another TV at home, I'd take my Mac to a friend's house to try on their TV and/or spring the $7-10 for another adapter. A 2nd adapter that also doesn't work and I'd say it's time to head for the Apple store to let them check the port.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information