New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Can anyone help me?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chelsearaye

chelsearaye is on a distinguished road

Earlier I was going to a website and I accidentally spelled it wrong so it took me to the ad page like usual, well this time my screen turned blue for like a second and then went back but my desktop remained blue and now every time I use my isight my desktop turns blue. Is there anyone that can help me figure out why this happens?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

What kind of Mac? Version of OS X? Are you up to date?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
chelsearaye

macbook pro, Snow Leopard and everything is up to date
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

In Safari empty the cache and in Safari preferences under security hit show cookies and
start deleting the ones you don't go to that are password enabled like this forum then
try the isight again.
QUOTE Thanks
chelsearaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
In Safari empty the cache and in Safari preferences under security hit show cookies and
start deleting the ones you don't go to that are password enabled like this forum then
try the isight again.
It didn't work . I did it in both safari and firefox because I used both.
QUOTE Thanks
chelsearaye

I just found out imovie, iphoto, and garageband also makes my desktop turn blue. My desktop picture comes back but after 20 minutes or so.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Sounds like you may have hardware issues. Have you run repair disk permissions?
QUOTE Thanks
chelsearaye

Quote:
Sounds like you may have hardware issues. Have you run repair disk permissions?
Honestly I don't know what that is, sorry I'm new to macs I've only been using it for 3 months. How do I find out how to do it?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Give this a read.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

Use spotlight the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen and type in disk utility and select it it will open the app it will list the size and type in the left column
select second line that states Macintosh HD then under first aid select repair disc permissions it will take several minutes depending on apps and used HD space.
QUOTE Thanks
chelsearaye

Quote:
Use spotlight the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen and type in disk utility and select it it will open the app it will list the size and type in the left column
select second line that states Macintosh HD then under first aid select repair disc permissions it will take several minutes depending on apps and used HD space.
I did all of that it said permissions repaired and then I opened photobooth and it did it again
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Make the blue screen issue happen again and then hit COMMAND+SHIFT+3. Those 3 keys will cause OS X to grab a screenshot of the screen and save it to your desktop. Then share that file with us (as an attachment) and let's see if we can help further..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
chelsearaye

I ended up getting it fixed. I reinstalled the OS X. Thanks so much for your help though I really appreciated it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Perplexing power problem with MacBooks | Connecting MacBook Pro via HDMI cable to LG LCD-TV »