Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Notebooks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/)
-   -   Can anyone help me? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/214380-can-anyone-help-me.html)

chelsearaye 09-12-2010 05:58 PM

Can anyone help me?

Earlier I was going to a website and I accidentally spelled it wrong so it took me to the ad page like usual, well this time my screen turned blue for like a second and then went back but my desktop remained blue and now every time I use my isight my desktop turns blue. Is there anyone that can help me figure out why this happens?

Raz0rEdge 09-12-2010 06:16 PM

What kind of Mac? Version of OS X? Are you up to date?

Regards

chelsearaye 09-12-2010 06:24 PM

macbook pro, Snow Leopard and everything is up to date

osxx 09-12-2010 07:35 PM

In Safari empty the cache and in Safari preferences under security hit show cookies and
start deleting the ones you don't go to that are password enabled like this forum then
try the isight again.

chelsearaye 09-12-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osxx (Post 1111294)
In Safari empty the cache and in Safari preferences under security hit show cookies and
start deleting the ones you don't go to that are password enabled like this forum then
try the isight again.

It didn't work :\. I did it in both safari and firefox because I used both.

chelsearaye 09-12-2010 08:18 PM

I just found out imovie, iphoto, and garageband also makes my desktop turn blue. My desktop picture comes back but after 20 minutes or so.

osxx 09-12-2010 08:32 PM

Sounds like you may have hardware issues. Have you run repair disk permissions?

chelsearaye 09-12-2010 08:38 PM

andranic activated

Quote:

Originally Posted by osxx (Post 1111312)
Sounds like you may have hardware issues. Have you run repair disk permissions?

Honestly I don't know what that is, sorry I'm new to macs I've only been using it for 3 months. How do I find out how to do it?

vansmith 09-12-2010 08:47 PM

Give this a read.

osxx 09-12-2010 08:54 PM

Use spotlight the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen and type in disk utility and select it it will open the app it will list the size and type in the left column
select second line that states Macintosh HD then under first aid select repair disc permissions it will take several minutes depending on apps and used HD space.

chelsearaye 09-12-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osxx (Post 1111327)
Use spotlight the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen and type in disk utility and select it it will open the app it will list the size and type in the left column
select second line that states Macintosh HD then under first aid select repair disc permissions it will take several minutes depending on apps and used HD space.

I did all of that it said permissions repaired and then I opened photobooth and it did it again

Raz0rEdge 09-12-2010 09:38 PM

Make the blue screen issue happen again and then hit COMMAND+SHIFT+3. Those 3 keys will cause OS X to grab a screenshot of the screen and save it to your desktop. Then share that file with us (as an attachment) and let's see if we can help further..

Regards

chelsearaye 09-13-2010 12:24 AM

I ended up getting it fixed. I reinstalled the OS X. Thanks so much for your help though I really appreciated it :)