New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Fallen MacBook Pro, what can be the problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JanKuca

JanKuca is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'd like to repair a MacBook Pro (unibody).

I don't have access to the machine. The only thing I know is that the superdrive spins up at the boot and nothing else happens.

Can it be a damaged logic board? Would the superdrive spin-up if this was the issue? I'm guessing it could be bad RAM.

Sorry for so little details. Some guy is selling (at a very nice price) a MacBook Pro in this condition and provides very little details. I'm trying to get some info about the LED indicator out of him just to be sure it's the RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Your title says, "Fallen Macbook Pro, what can be the problem?"...the problem is you dropped the Macbook Pro!!!

Dropping a laptop is not very good for it, as you can imagine. If the only thing working is the Superdrive (spinning) (no display, no hard drive sounds, etc.)...then this laptop has got some serious problems.

What exactly is wrong is pretty difficult to determine...since there really is not much in the way of troubleshooting we can do. Sure you can start swapping known good parts & see what finally gets the laptop working. But this can be a pretty expensive process...versus just buying a new or used computer to replace this broken one.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help. If we could do some sort of troubleshooting we might be able to narrow things down a bit.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Memory and Battery question!!! | Macbook Pro Beeping on startup & restart warning »