Memory and Battery question!!!
    Ok I want to upgrade my memory to 500gb but want most of the settings that I had on my computer to be saved. Like my adium friends lists nicknames and and alot of photoshop settings. Do i just save the folders in time machines?
    Also can you transfer applications in time machine to the new memory if I save the folders of the applications and plists?

I really need to upgrade my macbook pro to 4gb ram and 500gb rpm for running software. Also can I just buy a battery from ebay or should I get it from apple I dunno what works best cause mine only carries 1hr of battery life fully charged!

Thank you for all your help in advance, you guys are the best!!!!!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboRsxS View Post
    Ok I want to upgrade my memory to 500gb but want most of the settings that I had on my computer to be saved.

Also can you transfer applications in time machine to the new memory if I save the folders of the applications and plists?
    Please don't call hard drive storage space "memory"! Hard drives "store" files, application, and data...it is not memory. Ram is memory.

I really need to upgrade my macbook pro to 4gb ram and 500gb rpm for running software.
    ..."500gb rpm"...again...totally confusing!

Also can I just buy a battery from ebay or should I get it from apple I dunno what works best cause mine only carries 1hr of battery life fully charged!
    You can purchase a new battery from either e-Bay or Apple. But be aware that folks have had more problems with "e-Bay batteries" than batteries purchased from Apple.

HTH,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I meant 500gb HD 7200rpm. Just need someone to answer the time machine question!!

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Just make sure that you have not excluded anything from the Time Machine backup and all your correspondents and photoshop settings will be saved. After installing the new hard drive and memory, you can restore them from your Time Machine backup.

Specs:
    rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
    If you want to buy a new 500GB hard drive and swap it for the one you have currently, you need to clone your existing drive onto your new one first, use Superduper or Carbon Copy Cloner (both free), they will transfer EVERYTHING to your new drive, make it an exact duplicate of your current Mac. Then just swap the drives over.

Hi
    I'm having my Macbook for about four year (second hand). It appears that the battery is not charging (battery shows an X when I plugged in, LED is not flashing).
    I'm not sure whether the battery is not charging or the power adapter is not working. I appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Truc

Thread Information