Question Best Protection for Macbook Pro
    Hi,

I have just bought a new MBP. I have also purchased a incase nylon laptop bag for it.

However, I am very anal about my MBP getting scratched and as it already came with a scuff mark on the bottom (even though it was brand new from my apple store), I want to prevent it from getting any more.

It appears that the aluminium MBP scratches easily so I want to know what people use to protect theirs?

I mainly need to protect it from scratches when I am using it at Uni and on worktops so I was looking into buying a Speck Seethru hard case but have heard that this can create scratches rather than preventing them??

What is the best scratch protection for MBPs?

Thanks.

Specs:
    13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
    I've been told that this one is really good: Hardshell Case for 13" aluminum unibody MacBook : Products By Incase

Also a protector for the keyboard would be a nice addition.

Talking
    Cheers. I read somewhere that the hard clip on cases can cause scratches if dust or something gets underneath it?? Have you heard this also?

Thanks for the reply.

Specs:
    17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
    I have heard about people noticing scuffs/scratches on their notebooks when using these hard cases. I don't think there is really a case that will stay on your MBP to protect it and allow you to use it at the same time. I have an InCase sleeve for mine, but of course that won't allow you to use it while it's inside this case. My MBP isn't on the move too much so I don't have an issue with worrying about scratches, but when I do travel with it, I just make sure to take care of it. I check the table or whatever I'm putting it on before I place it down that the surface is clean and clear of anything that could bump into my MBP. I also have a keyboard protector from Moshi and the palm rest and trackpad "stickie" covers from Moshi. Just a few weeks ago, I started using my MBP on a metal laptop stand that angles it for me. Even with it sitting on the metal stand (I just checked underneath), there are no scratches. I think the best you can do is just really make sure you watch out and care for it. I've had mine for over a year and it's still literally flawless.
    "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!

Ye I see what you mean, I just need to stop worrying about it getting scratched, it's probably going to happen one day.

Thanks for the reply.

Thread Information