New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro boots up into firmware everytime I start up.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MizztaPeppa

MizztaPeppa is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 MHz DDr3 1 internal TB

I've looked everywhere with no luck. My Unibody Macbook Pro 13inch 2.53 ghz 4 gb ram boots as if the firmware is updating everytime. (the loading bar appears underneath the apple in the boot screen.) It literally takes me 20 minutes to restart my computer. I have no idea how to fix this please somebody help me!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizztaPeppa View Post
I've looked everywhere with no luck. My Unibody Macbook Pro 13inch 2.53 ghz 4 gb ram boots as if the firmware is updating everytime. (the loading bar appears underneath the apple in the boot screen.) It literally takes me 20 minutes to restart my computer. I have no idea how to fix this please somebody help me!
Have you tried booting from an OS install or Restore disk?

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MizztaPeppa

Mac Specs: Snow Leopard 10.6.4 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 MHz DDr3 1 internal TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Have you tried booting from an OS install or Restore disk?

- Nick
No, how would that fix it? Wouldnt that just mean I would have to boot with the install disc everytime? or if I restored my system wouldnt that just erase everything?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, how would that fix it? Wouldnt that just mean I would have to boot with the install disc everytime? or if I restored my system wouldnt that just erase everything?
Instead of questioning suggestions...why not try it & see what happens...and then report back the results.

The process of fixing a problem (when you don't have the answer yourself)...is try the suggestions your given (as long as they don't cause any damage)...and see what happens. Successful or not...then we move on from there.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Restoring the system to an earlier point will not erase everything.
QUOTE Thanks
MizztaPeppa

Quote:
Instead of questioning my suggestion...why not try it & see what happens...and then report back the results.

The process of fixing a problem (when you don't have the answer yourself)...is try the suggestions your given (as long as they don't cause any damage)...and see what happens. Successful or not...then we move on from there.

Good luck,

- Nick
Yes but Im saying I do not want to use an install disk everytime I start up, nor do I want to erase my hard drive... Which leads me to my question as to why would I use an install disc to boot...like, are you implying that if I use a boot disc to boot, that something might register somewhere and next time I wont have to use the disc to boot? Im just asking about the process of what made you come to that conclusion,not insulting your intelligence.
QUOTE Thanks
MizztaPeppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
Restoring the system to an earlier point will not erase everything.
Thank you Tarek for making that clear for me, its been like this for months it won't delete anything at all if i restore to say 6 months ago?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Yes but Im saying I do not want to use an install disk everytime I start up, nor do I want to erase my hard drive... Which leads me to my question as to why would I use an install disc to boot...like, are you implying that if I use a boot disc to boot, that something might register somewhere and next time I wont have to use the disc to boot? Im just asking about the process of what made you come to that conclusion,not insulting your intelligence.
This is a troubleshooting step...not a longterm or permanent solution. I wanted you to boot from your OS install DVD to see if you're able to boot properly...instead of the problem you're currently dealing with.

I would rather not debate the troubleshooting steps I'm suggesting. Just do it...and then report back the results.

Just trying to help...but you're making it tough!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
MizztaPeppa

Quote:
This is a troubleshooting step...not a longterm or permanent solution. I wanted you to boot from your OS install DVD to see if you're able to boot properly...instead of the problem you're currently dealing with.

I would rather not debate the troubleshooting steps I'm suggesting. Just do it...and then report back the results.

Just trying to help...but you're making it tough!

- Nick
lol I appreciate the help and im not trying to debate, Im just trying to understand the process better for myself so that I can learn from people who have more knowledge in this subject then myself is all, I will try that and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
...I will try that and see what happens.
Give it a try...and let us know what happens.

At this point you said that you cannot boot the computer from the internal hard drive. If you can successfully boot from a CD/DVD...then that is a positive step towards solving your computers problem.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

I am pretty sure it will not remove any data (files, folders, etc.) you have like movies, music and stuff. However, I am not sure if updates you've had will remain. Also, some system preferences that you altered during those 6 months could be reverted back to default. You won't lose anything crucial, though, so that's an upside.

Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No sound on Macbook | Macbook Pro 15" Topcase Part # »