New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Battery question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cam00007678

cam00007678 is on a distinguished road

I've had a 13 inch macbook pro for a few months now and i recently noticed something about my battery. Basically all when i click on the battery button on the menu at the top it says "Replace Now"

should i be worried about this, like will a weak battery damage my computer at all?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
empty_noise

empty_noise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature

Try recalibrating your battery:

1. Plug in the MagSafe Power Adapter and fully charge the battery.

2. When the battery is fully charged, the light on the MagSafe Power Adapter connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is charged.

3. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer.

4. You can use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.

5. With the computer still on, disconnect the power adapter and continue to use your computer.

6. When you see the low battery warning, save your work and close all applications. Keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep.

7. After your computer goes to sleep, turn it off or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.

8. Connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged.

9. You can use your computer during this time.

Original instructions: Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

If after the calibration it stills says "Replace Now," then take it to your nearest Apple Store and let one of the Apple Geniuses have a look.

MB | Mid-2007 | 13-inch | 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 | 120GB HDD | GMA 950 | White
MBP | Late-2008 | 15-inch | 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB DDR3 | 250GB HDD | 9400M + 9600M GT w/ 256MB GDDR3 | Unibody
QUOTE Thanks
cam00007678

cam00007678 is on a distinguished road

ok ill try this out, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Could also be worth resetting your SMC
Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "X"ing out | Macbook White Seriously Overheating... »