MBP Not Recognizing External
    I have an iomega 1TB external drive that I partitioned to use as a time machine backup and general external storage (movies, tv shows, etc). I've been using it like this for about 4 months, but starting this week, when i plug it in nothing shows up in the finder. If I spotlight a file name from the drive it still comes up and the drive(s) show up in my Disk Utility. Why won't it let me browse it with the finder? I can't think of anything I could have done to change it... I ejected the drive, unplugged it, turned the drive off, closed the computer to take to class, came back, plugged the drive in, turned the drive on, and... nothing. I didn't update anything or install anything, so I am at a complete loss, any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Did you run a Repair/Verify Disk and Repair/Verify Permissions in Disk Utility?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Ran both the "verify disk" and "repair disk" in the disk utility as well as Option Click>"reveal disk in finder"

Still nothing.

If I "open disk" in disk utility, it opens a finder window that shows the contents, but there still isn't an icon under "devices" in the finder sidebar, so every time I want to access it I have to open disk utility to do so... what a pain...

Thread Information