New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook White Seriously Overheating...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gentu

Gentu is on a distinguished road

My MB White which i've had for under a year now is overheating like a barbecue. I can barely touch it sometimes when I'm running games/apps and my sister literally burned her hand on the underside the other day while trying to pick it up. I'm going to college next week and I don't have time for no repairs. Any chance they will replace it before I go? It is still within the original warranty...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Umm if it was overheating it would have turned itself off.

There is a reason why these aren't called laptops anymore but notebooks. The underside gets very hot after extended usage and or computer intensive activities such as gaming.

Therefor it's normal.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
OLodhi

OLodhi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 5,5

I don't think it is normal for a person to burn there hand on the bottom of a computer!

Gentu - It would be worth taking it to Apple and explaining the problem to them. My suggestion to you would be to try and monitor the temperature and fan levels using a program called iStat Pro. Generally speaking the fan on my MBP runs at around 1996 - 2001 RPM and all the temperatures for the system components should be around 40 - 50 Celsius. If they are running a considerable amount higher that this then I do think it would be worth getting it checked out.

However, it is known for MB's and MBP's to run slightly hotter than usual due to the slim design. Make sure the environment you are using your mac in isn't too hot either.
QUOTE Thanks
TomTomTuning

TomTomTuning is a jewel in the roughTomTomTuning is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone

If your still covered under apple care, definitely bring it into the apple store and have them check it out.

Yea, i also suggest running iState Pro and checking out what is getting hot.
Also, make sure the laptop is on something flat and the area is clear for ventilation.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery question | Is it ok to mix RAM in Macbook? »