New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook no display but i can hear the hardware inside are working. HELP PLS.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ihce

ihce is on a distinguished road

My Macbook has no display on screen but i can hear the hardware inside are all working. HELP PLease

As usual i open my macbook then after a few minutes (5minutes to be exact) it just shut down while i was surfing the net with no warning or what so ever. I dont know what to do then i tried to open it again it opened i think coz i can hear the hardwear inside are all working and the led light on the bottom right side the white one is on.I also reset the unit but it didnt work. And tried to reformat it but the rom is not sucking in the cd.

HELP what do i need to do??

THANKS in advance
QUOTE Thanks
ihce

My unit is a Macbook 1.8 core duo

THANK you
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The only way to check out your ailing MacBook is to use the install DVD that came with it. I'm assuming it's Tiger. Make sure it's the correct DVD and not one that you borrowed or from another machine. You need to boot the machine with that DVD and use Disk Utility to verify and repair the hard drive. If you can't boot with the DVD or are using the wrong DVD, there's no way to test the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
ihce

rom is not sucking in the cd
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Then, your only other solution is to buy an external USB optical drive and attempt to boot your install medial from it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook boots to white blank screen | Boot camp back up/whatever »