New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

i7 MBP died after 27 days

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cokolosh

cokolosh is on a distinguished road

So my new i7 MBP died when I was in class after only having it for less than a month. Luckily the Apple store had the logic board replaced in under 3 hours and it is running like a champ. After having multiple laptops, and desktops from the 603 era I have never had an issue I guess I was due for my first. I must say the best service I have ever gotten.
QUOTE Thanks
Merkava_4

Merkava_4 is on a distinguished road

Did you have to have Apple Care for them to do that?
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava_4 View Post
Did you have to have Apple Care for them to do that?
The incident happened in less than a month. Apple takes care of everything for a year. Apple care extends that care for an extra 2 years beyond the first year. So, no... he didn't.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen/DVD player Issue, Please Help | Problem with access to 3 folders on my external drive »