MacBook Screen Question
    hello all.

i have a strange question, my current macbook runs a res of 1280 x 800 and i know you cant force it to do a higher resolution. but i was wondering if anyones if there is some sort of replacement screen which offers higher resolutions. ? or are they all made to be identical to the original macbook screen. sorry if its a bit of stupid question but i feel it would be a possibility?

Thanks.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by a5hl3y2k6 View Post
    sorry if its a bit of stupid question but i feel it would be a possibility?
    Why do you feel this would be a possibility?

- have you seen similar 13.3" screens on other computers with higher resolutions?
    - have you seen any "Do-It-Yourself" instructions on the internet that show this being done?

Even if this was a possibility...do you have any idea how much it would cost to do it? A "standard" 1280x800 replacement display (depending on what other components you need)...would cost anywhere from $100-$400 dollars. I higher resolution screen would cost more. And this is just for the parts...and in the labor to do the work...and then you're really surprised how much this would cost!!!

I think that this would be an interesting project...as long as the display resolution wasn't so high that you would need magnifying glasses to read text on the screen!

Good luck,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    ...as long as the display resolution wasn't so high that you would need magnifying glasses to read text on the screen!
    I think that's what a5hl3y2k6 might not be thinking about. I haven't seen anyone do what is being ask but I agree with you Nick I think it will be a costly project and a5hl3y2k6 should really make sure he/she is happy with a higher resolution on a tiny 13" laptop screen before even thinking about doing something like this.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I don't know about you guy but...I don't understand peoples obsession with hi-res screens on mobile devices. It just makes it harder to read text. >_<"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

thank you for your kind responses. looks like ill need a macbook pro 15' if i want higher res while on the move. it just feels quiet low when i go from my imac to macbook. and if there was such display available i would have purchased it and replaced it myself.

Thanks

Thread Information