New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Mbp pixel out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NJOHC

NJOHC is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I got my 13inch mbp as a gift last Christmas. I just turned it on today and noticed what i thought was something on my screen. But when I went to clean it with the microfiber it didn't come of. It looks like Just one little pixel of the screen is black. I know it's probably no big deal but it really annoys me lol. What kind of warrantee does apple have for this so I could get it fixed. I just don't Want somebody spending 1500$ on me and having it not be the way it should.thanks
Tyler
QUOTE Thanks
brairden

brairden has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini

If you are not past 1 year of the original purchase date of the computer, then you are covered under warranty. Take it to your nearest Apple store or authorized repair center for service (I would recommend a backup prior to this). You may want to consider extending your applecare warranty for 2 more years. You can only do this while your computer is covered during the 1st year. When that year runs out....it is no longer an option. Ask your local service center about it while you are there. Good Luck!

15" 2.53ghz i5 MacBook Pro (2010) 8gb, 500gb HD - 60gb OWC SSD
13" 2.4ghz MacBook Unibody (late 2008) 4gb, 250gb
24" 2.4ghz Aluminum iMac (mid 2007) 3gb, 1tb
mini 2.0ghz - 32gb iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If the problem is only one dead pixel, then most manufacturer warranty will not covered it. Unless the more than a certain number of bad pixels, usually six or more. The was a case a long while back, where an individal. Gently massaged the area of the dead pixel and that brought it back to live. it appeared to be a stuck pixel. In any case you can check with Apple. They may help you with this issue.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I found this.... which I disagree with, and would contest personally.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I've personally returned a notebook computer that had one dead pixel. The machine was only several days old when I noticed it. The store promptly exchanged it for a new one, no questions asked. I suspect Apple will do the same if the machine is new, however, the OP mentioned his machine is around 9 months old. He may have to live with it as I don't believe Apple will give him a new display.
QUOTE Thanks
NJOHC

NJOHC is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Ill take a ride over to the apple store just to see what they say. Personally, I think they should replace it even if it's one pixel and its under warrantee but its obviously all not that fair. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP: Phantom SHIFT Key | Looking for Advice on Hard Drive Upgrade »