New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

should i wait or not??


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Feras91

 
Member Since: Sep 17, 2009
Posts: 5
Feras91 is on a distinguished road

Feras91 is offline
ok guys here's the deal... i'm dying to get my first MacBook... now there are to options, 1 MBA and 2 is MBP 15"... about the same price $1799 but clearly the MBP is better...but to be honest i want the Air more...ALOT more...
but here are my problems... if i get the MacBook Pro, i will always know that i bought a better laptop but will always "regret" my decision because i didnt get the Air, yes..i'm that kind of guy who wants only what he has in mind no matter what it is...
on the other hand, if i get the MBA 2.1 GHz i'm afraid that a new one will be launched in the few weeks to come...and possibly a little less expensive than the current one then i would really kill myself...

i want it NOT for gaming although power would be great, next year i'm starting school and the laptop that i use right now (acer 5920G) is for my brother and he's getting back to Italy in about 2 weeks to continue his studies...i'll be left with only an old...very old PC that hardly connects to the internet...so i'll need another computer for now, and maybe get another Box for gaming or intensive work... so which one should i consider??? please any help will be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
OLodhi

 
Member Since: Aug 17, 2010
Location: Birmingham/Cambridge, UK
Posts: 36
OLodhi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 5,5

OLodhi is offline
If you are after power there is no doubt that a MBP would be your ideal choice. However if you are looking for portability then the Air would be the better choice. It really does come down to you and your personal preference, at the end of the day you know your needs better than anyone else.

According to the buyers guide on Mac Rumours, they would suggest against buying an Air since there will be an update soon enough.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

 
chscag's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 23, 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 39,052
chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

chscag is online now
@Feras91

My advice: Avoid the MBA. They're almost impossible to do any kind of upgrading. You can not upgrade the memory for example - what you see is what you got. You can't even replace the memory because it's soldered to the logic board. No optical drive. And you can't use just any external optical drive, it has to be Apple's.

For the price of the high end MBA, you could buy a MacBook and an iPad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Girlfriend got a new MBP and I'm excited? | Strange Sleep Behavior »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Switching for productivity Vroomer Switcher Hangout 15 06-21-2010 01:39 AM
To wait or not to wait... ID039 Switcher Hangout 2 08-13-2007 03:04 PM
iMac; buy now or wait for the rumoured new ones? BenBateman Apple Desktops 14 08-01-2007 10:16 AM
Should I wait untill intel chips hit to switch? Abrodzinski Apple Desktops 9 02-01-2006 07:15 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?