New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

should i wait or not??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Feras91

Feras91 is on a distinguished road

ok guys here's the deal... i'm dying to get my first MacBook... now there are to options, 1 MBA and 2 is MBP 15"... about the same price $1799 but clearly the MBP is better...but to be honest i want the Air more...ALOT more...
but here are my problems... if i get the MacBook Pro, i will always know that i bought a better laptop but will always "regret" my decision because i didnt get the Air, yes..i'm that kind of guy who wants only what he has in mind no matter what it is...
on the other hand, if i get the MBA 2.1 GHz i'm afraid that a new one will be launched in the few weeks to come...and possibly a little less expensive than the current one then i would really kill myself...

i want it NOT for gaming although power would be great, next year i'm starting school and the laptop that i use right now (acer 5920G) is for my brother and he's getting back to Italy in about 2 weeks to continue his studies...i'll be left with only an old...very old PC that hardly connects to the internet...so i'll need another computer for now, and maybe get another Box for gaming or intensive work... so which one should i consider??? please any help will be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
OLodhi

OLodhi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 5,5

If you are after power there is no doubt that a MBP would be your ideal choice. However if you are looking for portability then the Air would be the better choice. It really does come down to you and your personal preference, at the end of the day you know your needs better than anyone else.

According to the buyers guide on Mac Rumours, they would suggest against buying an Air since there will be an update soon enough.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

@Feras91

My advice: Avoid the MBA. They're almost impossible to do any kind of upgrading. You can not upgrade the memory for example - what you see is what you got. You can't even replace the memory because it's soldered to the logic board. No optical drive. And you can't use just any external optical drive, it has to be Apple's.

For the price of the high end MBA, you could buy a MacBook and an iPad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Girlfriend got a new MBP and I'm excited? | Strange Sleep Behavior »