New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New MBP 15" i7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SVThuh

SVThuh is on a distinguished road

Just placed the order a couple days ago. Its the 15" i7 model. Only upgrade was the HD/Anti-Glare display. It is currently on its way here from Shanghai as we speak.

I already have a Core 2 Duo Macbook, a Core Duo Mac Mini and a bunch of iPhones and iPods.. Im am more excited about this **** MBP than I have been about any other computer I have ever purchased!

One question though, is there any third party out there that will insure this thing for theft or damage? Kinda like the iphone insurance I just picked up from state farm.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
brairden

brairden has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini

I looked into this for mine and never pulled the trigger on it. Worth Ave. Group was the highest rated one that I found.

15" 2.53ghz i5 MacBook Pro (2010) 8gb, 500gb HD - 60gb OWC SSD
13" 2.4ghz MacBook Unibody (late 2008) 4gb, 250gb
24" 2.4ghz Aluminum iMac (mid 2007) 3gb, 1tb
mini 2.0ghz - 32gb iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Check into your homeowners or renters insurance. You can usually placed high valued items under protection without having to pay yet another bill.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
One question though, is there any third party out there that will insure this thing for theft or damage? Kinda like the iphone insurance I just picked up from state farm.
Ivan's suggestion is a good one. The only thing I might add is that some home owner's and renter's policies have a deductible. Usually with those types of policies you can separately schedule items for zero deductible for a slight increase in premium.

Also take a look at Safeware insurance. They specialize in insuring notebook computers and cover damage, theft, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
SVThuh

SVThuh is on a distinguished road

Just called my State Farm rep that insured my iPhones 3GS and 4. Total cost of insurance per year is $33 and it covers the total purchase price of the MBP.

Good stuff.. I guess Ill call State Farm in 7 days when I get my new book in.. God.. 7 DAYS!!! This is just as bad as the stupid 10 day waiting period we have for firearms here in cali!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange Sleep Behavior | Burnt out my Macbook Pro's battery? »