New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Cannot view movies in Full Screen Mode

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tinyung

tinyung is on a distinguished road

I have a 2008 Macbook Pro (2.4 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4G Ram 667 Mhz DDR2 Ram). I am using Parallel for Windows and Mac OS.

When I am in Windows XP, there is no problme to use PPS Stream to watch movie in a condensed screen (small screen). It is very slow and unsmooth when I turned to Full Screen Mode.

Does anyone can give me advice ?

Do I really need to install Bootcamp to solve this problem?

I tried to increase more memory for Windows under Virtual Machine Configuration but it does not allow me to allocate more memory for Windows.

Many thanks! Looking forward to receiving your valuable advice!

Lookforward
lookforward@gmail.com
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

You don't *need* to install BootCamp. You just need to set it up. In any case, if you decide to BootCamp, you'll need to consider a larger hard drive if you do more work on your Mac than you do in Windows.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
tinyung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
You don't *need* to install BootCamp. You just need to set it up. In any case, if you decide to BootCamp, you'll need to consider a larger hard drive if you do more work on your Mac than you do in Windows.
Thanks. Chris.

But how can I solve my main problem in using PPS Stream to watch movie in Full Screen mode? Any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyung View Post
Thanks. Chris.

But how can I solve my main problem in using PPS Stream to watch movie in Full Screen mode? Any advice?
I wouldn't be able to tell you- I know for a fact that PPS Stream is Chinese based- is it not? Not much I can do at this point. Sorry man.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
tinyung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
I wouldn't be able to tell you- I know for a fact that PPS Stream is Chinese based- is it not? Not much I can do at this point. Sorry man.
Thanks, anyway !
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Do I really need to install Bootcamp to solve this problem?
Running XP naturally from a Boot Camp partition may solve the problem. Parallels and Fusion both use emulated video drivers whereas when running XP from Boot Camp, you would be using the video driver designed for your GPU. The fact that PPS is Chinese based should not matter. Streaming video is streaming video.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« >>dvd rom boot up sound<< | Macbook Hard drive upgrade? "White Label"? »