New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook with black screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Room4 Studios

Room4 Studios is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I've got a white intel macbook (MacBook2.1). Recently the screen just wouldn't work. The laptop is on, you can faintly make out things on the screen, and it works fine with an external monitor. Very occasionally since it first broke, the screen does work, but not for long.

I took it to a local apple authorised repair centre, who said it might be a few different things but as a example of their prices: to supply and fit a replacement inverter cable would be 225, which is to much for me.

I've found sites on the internet that explain how to replace parts, but i'm wondering if there is anyway of working out what part to replace first (inverter, screen cable?)

Any input would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Phil
QUOTE Thanks
SimonB

SimonB is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 12" 1.33GHZ 1.25GB(10.4.11, Powermac G3 350Mhz 640mb(10.4.11)

If you can still see the screen very faintly then the screen cable still works It should just be the inverter.

Good Luck!
QUOTE Thanks
Room4 Studios

Room4 Studios is on a distinguished road

Hello, I got a new inverter as suggeseted and it still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions as to what it might be?

Cheers

Phil
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How much faster is 15" i7 over a 2006 Macbook 13" (2Gz)? | macbook pro 17 »