New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Can a Macbook pro 13" base model run win7?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sharkey

Sharkey is on a distinguished road

Run windows 7 using bootcamp? I really don't care about battery life i just wan't to be able to play this 2d side scrolling windows game.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Yes indeed.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yes, it can easily run Windows 7, either the 32 or 64 bit version. However, you need to take in consideration the graphics capability of the MBP 13" machine and weigh it against what games in Windows you intend to play. The MBP 13" uses an integrated graphics chipset which shares memory with the system.
QUOTE Thanks
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Yes, it can easily run Windows 7, either the 32 or 64 bit version. However, you need to take in consideration the graphics capability of the MBP 13" machine and weigh it against what games in Windows you intend to play. The MBP 13" uses an integrated graphics chipset which shares memory with the system.
it's a 2d side scrolling mmorpg other wise called maplestory. It should be able run it find, i mean underspecs it says windows 98 can run it hahah. My other question is, in windows 7 mode can i hook up a pc keyboard to my macbook pro so i can have pc keyboard options? Like page up page down etc
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
it's a 2d side scrolling mmorpg other wise called maplestory. It should be able run it find, i mean underspecs it says windows 98 can run it hahah. My other question is, in windows 7 mode can i hook up a pc keyboard to my macbook pro so i can have pc keyboard options? Like page up page down etc
That should work fine. I hooked up a Windoze keyboard back in the day when Quake Live came out. After getting killed 27 consecutive times in a row I thought it would be a good idea to smash the 10 dollar Keytronic keyboard than the one one my MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
That should work fine. I hooked up a Windoze keyboard back in the day when Quake Live came out. After getting killed 27 consecutive times in a row I thought it would be a good idea to smash the 10 dollar Keytronic keyboard than the one one my MBP.
haha thats hilarious man, well I will let you guys know how it runs on friday when i pick up my windows 7. Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
Sharkey

1 more question, is it possible to hook up my MBP in windows mode to my Vizio tv? I'm trying to go all out so I can sit on my bed with a keyboard and play this game hahah.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

Like chscag stated previously, as long as the specs are fairly low and you meet and/or exceed them you should be just fine. Let us know how it goes.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My MacBook & Epson Stylus CX3800 Series | Magsafe Charger »