New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MINI DVI to HDMI

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christobel

christobel is on a distinguished road

Just got a mini dvi to hdmi adapter from my cable mart and the dvi is too big to fit my port on my macbook pro 15inch from last year. The pin is a D on the adapter and matches the utube video but the port is smaller. Ugh what now???
My display info is
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quite simply, you've purchased the wrong adapter. There has not been a DVI port on a MBP since Oct. '08 and there has never been a mini-DVI port on any MBP.

Beginnig with the unibody models of the MBP in Oct. '08 through today, the MBP has a mini displayport.

No, mini-DVI and mini displayport are not the same thing.

If you would like a specific recommendation as to which adapter to get for your Mac and your TV, you will need to supply the info requested here:

Connecting your Mac to your TV

And if you would, please post that info in that thread. Thanks.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The lifespan of Mac ? | Ok to buy Mac Book from Amazon? »