New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Trackpad problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wlollpop

Wlollpop is on a distinguished road

Hello! I find it a bit hard to explain the problem I'm having. I have a macbook, latest version, and i have that trackpad with no real buttons and the gestures and such. The problem I'm having is I can't use any of the gestures, like the two fingers swipe down to scroll down, and pinch to zoom. It works if I only use one finger on the trackpad. I tried wiping it and my wrists aren't on the trackpad. Does anyone know whats wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Hello, Welcome to M-F

Are the gestures enabled in the System Preferences>Trackpad?

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
empty_noise

empty_noise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature

Did you turn on any of the multi-finger gestures for the trackpad?

Go to System Preferences > Trackpad and make sure the gestures you're trying to do are checked.

MB | Mid-2007 | 13-inch | 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 | 120GB HDD | GMA 950 | White
MBP | Late-2008 | 15-inch | 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB DDR3 | 250GB HDD | 9400M + 9600M GT w/ 256MB GDDR3 | Unibody
QUOTE Thanks
Wlollpop

Wlollpop is on a distinguished road

Yes they are. After I restarted it twice it started working again. Is that normal?
QUOTE Thanks
empty_noise

empty_noise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature

So the gestures are turned on and yet they sometimes don't work for you?

Maybe if you try repairing disk permissions via Disk Utility.

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

And while you're in Disk Utility after the disk permissions are repaired it would also be a good idea to verify the disk just to be sure.

MB | Mid-2007 | 13-inch | 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 | 120GB HDD | GMA 950 | White
MBP | Late-2008 | 15-inch | 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB DDR3 | 250GB HDD | 9400M + 9600M GT w/ 256MB GDDR3 | Unibody
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2006 MBP Screen Problem- Please Help | Considering upgrade, please counsel »