New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Apple Mail Account: Only Downloading 1 Email at a Time

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gerbras123

gerbras123 is on a distinguished road

Today, 07:57 PM

From about three weeks ago, on only my most heavily used email account (it has around 75,000 emails in it and gets around 200 emails each day), I was only able to download 4 emails at a time. Then it would stop. I would click "Get Mail" and it would download the next 4 emails. I'd click "Get Mail" etc etc until all emails were downloaded.

I tried to find a solution, but couldn't, so I just put up with it (it was really only a pain in the butt first thing in the morning).

Then, this morning - disaster! My main account only downloads one email at a time! It shows "55 of 55 Incoming messages", then next time "55 of 55 incoming messages" etc. A new one must have arrived because now it is showing "56 out of 56" (but I still have 6 hours of emails to download).

Important info:

* Email is hosted by gmail.
* Account is setup as a POP account.
* This issue is not affecting other staff on a mac, using same domain for email. Nor is it affecting any other email accounts I have (about 16 active email accounts, including 2 others hosted by gmail).
* Mail version is 4.3
* OS is 10.6.4
* Hard drive has 83GB available
* Last week I installed an extra 2GB of ram - so it wont be a lack of ram.
* No other email accounts are affected.
* There are 20 unread emails sitting in my Gmail account waiting to be downloaded (I logged in to Google Webmail and saw them).
* I have checked the Activity Monitor for Mail and that account seems to act absolutely perfectly (if it only had 1 email to download). In other words, there is nothing in the Activity Monitor that suggests a problem.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

MBP 2.4GHZ, 6/320 Mac OS X (10.6.4)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well if it doesnt effect any other email Acc i would take a stab in the dark that it is a problem @ the Gmail end ??

Maybe try to repair permissions via disk utility and give your system a littl clean up... Apart from that cant think of anything else ATM

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Unibody A1286 Liquid damage help. | Upgrading RAM on 2010 Macbook Pro in Melbourne »