08-10-2010, 09:47 PM #1
Apple Mail Account: Only Downloading 1 Email at a Time
- Member Since
- Aug 10, 2010
Today, 07:57 PM
From about three weeks ago, on only my most heavily used email account (it has around 75,000 emails in it and gets around 200 emails each day), I was only able to download 4 emails at a time. Then it would stop. I would click "Get Mail" and it would download the next 4 emails. I'd click "Get Mail" etc etc until all emails were downloaded.
I tried to find a solution, but couldn't, so I just put up with it (it was really only a pain in the butt first thing in the morning).
Then, this morning - disaster! My main account only downloads one email at a time! It shows "55 of 55 Incoming messages", then next time "55 of 55 incoming messages" etc. A new one must have arrived because now it is showing "56 out of 56" (but I still have 6 hours of emails to download).
* Email is hosted by gmail.
* Account is setup as a POP account.
* This issue is not affecting other staff on a mac, using same domain for email. Nor is it affecting any other email accounts I have (about 16 active email accounts, including 2 others hosted by gmail).
* Mail version is 4.3
* OS is 10.6.4
* Hard drive has 83GB available
* Last week I installed an extra 2GB of ram - so it wont be a lack of ram.
* No other email accounts are affected.
* There are 20 unread emails sitting in my Gmail account waiting to be downloaded (I logged in to Google Webmail and saw them).
* I have checked the Activity Monitor for Mail and that account seems to act absolutely perfectly (if it only had 1 email to download). In other words, there is nothing in the Activity Monitor that suggests a problem.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
MBP 2.4GHZ, 6/320 Mac OS X (10.6.4)
08-10-2010, 10:06 PM #2
- Member Since
- May 19, 2009
- Waiting for a mate . . .
- 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
Well if it doesnt effect any other email Acc i would take a stab in the dark that it is a problem @ the Gmail end ??
Maybe try to repair permissions via disk utility and give your system a littl clean up... Apart from that cant think of anything else ATM
CheersDont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Tomel in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-09-2011, 11:33 AM
By windurf in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2010, 09:31 PM
By loisd in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2009, 05:25 PM
By lukenn77 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 7Last Post: 11-19-2008, 09:38 PM
By sik in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2005, 04:43 PM