New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Pro Unibody A1286 Liquid damage help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prg

prg is on a distinguished road

I own a macbook pro A1286 which i got some liquid damage on however followed everything and took out battery and let it dry. Everything works except for the backlight for the LCD.

The damage only touched the bottom of screen and some keyboard, the motherboard did get touch by the liquid.

I can see the screen when put to a regular light, just the backlight is out.

Has anyone ever run into this issue and know what to do? Is it possible for the backlight to be replaced?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

First, I suggest your read our "Spills" sticky at the head of the forum.

Liquid spills are very unpredictable as to what damage they caused and will cause in the future. As for your backlight, it's hard to predict if the backlight was damaged or the associated circuitry. Changing the backlight is a very difficult repair job. The usual recommended repair is to change the entire display assembly. Also there's a possibility it may not be the backlight.

You might want to get some professional repair help either from an Apple store or an authorized Apple dealer. It's probably going to be an expensive repair.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP 13" video and audio issues with mini displayport | Apple Mail Account: Only Downloading 1 Email at a Time »