New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

When will the MBA get its much needed refresh?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sean R

Sean R is on a distinguished road

To this day, there have been countless amounts of rumors regarding the other Apple products and prominent updates, but not one thing has been said about the Macbook Air this entire time. Apple has really succeeded at keeping literally not a single piece of information on the MBA from the public, unless they aren't even working on a MBA update.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean R View Post
....unless they aren't even working on a MBA update.
Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding! This is quite possible.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Sean R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding! This is quite possible.

- Nick
If that is the case, I am going to jump through Steve Jobs' window while he sleeps and use his kitchen to make a meal. Afterward, I'm not going to wash the dishes and I won't clean the kitchen.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

While you're there, leave your Macbook Air, and take his Macbook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

The MBA might become a thing of the past. Notebook computers in general are usually not very upgradeable but at least with most of them, you can add memory. You can't even do that with an MBA. Memory is soldered to the logic board.

Good friend of mine does a review column on Apple computers and Apple hardware. He rates the MBA at the bottom of the "food chain".

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Sean R

Comon, the MBA is unrivaled when it comes to portability, and when I have a 3k custom built PC laying in the boof, all I need is a paperweight for some digital candy on the gogo, nahwhatimsayin?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

MBA against 2010 13" MBP
Size and weight
Height: 1.94 cm (0.76 inch)and 0.4cm (0.16 inch) at the edges against 2.41 cm (0.95 inch)
Width: 32.5 cm (12.8 inches) against 32.5 cm (12.78 inches)
Depth: 22.7 cm (8.94 inches) against 22.7 cm (8.94 inches)
Weight: 1.36 kg (3.0 pounds) against 2.04 kg (4.5 pounds)

How much more portability are we talking, and at what cost to hardware limitations?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean R View Post
Comon, the MBA is unrivaled when it comes to portability, and when I have a 3k custom built PC laying in the boof, all I need is a paperweight for some digital candy on the gogo, nahwhatimsayin?
Might I suggest an iPad?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Might I suggest an iPad?
I was sort of thinking the same thing. Considering all of the upgrade limitations of the MBA...in some ways it's an expensive iPad!

But obviously the MBA still has many abilities the iPad doesn't.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.2-MacMini3,1:10.9.2-iPhone6,1:7.1

My only MBA gripe is not having 4GB of RAM and not having 2 USB ports. I used one for a year as my only computer and was happy until U needed to run a Windows VM for work. It certainly is far more capable than my wife's iPad when it comes to running applications.
QUOTE Thanks
kjon11

kjon11 is on a distinguished road

will the MBA rebate check come in an envelope? what will it look like??
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjon11 View Post
will the MBA rebate check come in an envelope? what will it look like??
Yes. It will have purple polka dots on yellow parchment paper.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
kjon11

Quote:
Yes. It will have purple polka dots on yellow parchment paper.
no seriously, i want to make sure someone doesn't see it! its a surprise!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjon11 View Post
no seriously, i want to make sure someone doesn't see it! its a surprise!
If you order a MacBook Air today, it will be shipped in a plain cardboard box. Inside that box, you'll get the actual product packaging, which has pictures of the machine on it. The envelope used in the marketing campaign was just a prop to give you a sense of how thin the machine is.

QUOTE Thanks
kjon11

Quote:
If you order a MacBook Air today, it will be shipped in a plain cardboard box. Inside that box, you'll get the actual product packaging, which has pictures of the machine on it. The envelope used in the marketing campaign was just a prop to give you a sense of how thin the machine is.
noo not the computer the rebate check...will the rebate check come enclosed because if its not and i do not get the mail that day then there will be questions and the computer/ipod is going to be a gift
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Battery 'Not Charging' | mac wont connect to lcd tv anymore »