New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Basic question but 13 inch or 15 inch???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

akula57

akula57 is on a distinguished road

I was set to buy a 13 inch and then thought about the processor being difficult to change --- I can probably change the hard drive/memory fairly easily. (I wish Apple had charged $100 more on the 13 inch Pro and put a 3.06 in there similar to the one in the iMac if possible, but anyway...). So, $600-$700 buys me a better screen (resolution), bigger screen, better video card/video memory (gaming possible), a decent i5, and slightly bigger hard drive. Plus switchable graphics. I have $600-$700 more in cash, lighter weight, modestly better battery life with the 13 inch. (With a somewhat dated CPU that won't be any newer in 2012.)

This would be my first MAC and I would probably watch video, internet surf, use office, install Win 7, listen to music in some fashion, lightly edit photos, and, perhaps, game. I also suspect another great use for home computers will develop over the next year or two --- who knows what it would be?

Would getting the 13 inch possibly be cheap now and dumb later (or even now)? Tx.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sleep mode without power | Don't know what to get... »